Projects List View
The Projects List view shows all projects in the site.
This view shows a flat, non-hierarchical view of tasks under each project.
Create A Project
Project Administrators Only
Project administrators can create a project by clicking on the button in the titlebar.
- Click on the create new project icon button in the titlebar.
- Enter the project name. (Required)
- Selct the project stage. (Default is Draft)
- Enter a project code. (Optional)
- Enter the client organization. (Required)
- Enter a texual description. (Optional)
- Enter keyword tags as needed. Type in your tag text and hit “enter” to create a tag. Tags can be used to filter or group projects.
- Select the task defaults for the project.
- Enter all the required settings for the Project Health. Learn more about project health settings
- Click “Save” to accept the changes.
Project List Item
To jump directly to a project, click on a project name.
Projects assigned to you are also listed in the left navigation pane. These tasks will have a heart indicatior with the color showing the current project health status. (Green, Yellow or Red) Clicking on the project link in the left navigation pane will jump you to the project in the project list view.
|Draft Mode||The project is visible to the Project Manager only.|
|Active Mode||The project is active and visible to all project members.|
|Cancelled Mode||The project is set to cancelled and visible to the Project Manager only. Use the cancelled mode when the project progress is less than 100% and the project is inactive.|
|Closed Mode||The project is set to cancelled and visible to the Project Manager only. Use the closed mode when the project progress has reached 100% complete.|
|Blocker||If the Blocker icon is showing, this indicates that the project contains a task that has been flagged as a blocker. Blockers can be set in the task attributes when there is an impediment that is slowing down the team or adding constraints to the project that may risk the progress of the work.The Blocker setting cannot be edited in the Projects view.|
|Scope Change||If the Scope Change icon is showing, this indicates that the project contains a task that has been set as a Scope Change. A Scope Change is a task or work that is considered to change the agreed scope and objectives of the project to accommodate a need not originally defined to be part of the original baseline of work for the project. It can be used to manage continuous or uncontrolled scope in the project and minimize the risk of scope creep and project overruns.The Scope Change setting cannot be edited in the Projects view.|
|Blocker & Scope Change||If the Blocker & Scope Change icon is showing, this indicates that the project contains task has been flagged as both a Blocker and Scope Change. The billing setting cannot be edited in the Assigned To Me view.The Blocker & Scope Change setting cannot be edited in the Projects view.|
|Billing||If the Billing icon is showing, this indicates that the task has been set as billable.The Billing setting cannot be edited in the Projects view.|
Project indicators listed at the project level show the total summarized metrics for the project.
Project health is a critical part of knowing how well a project is performing.
There is a coloured heart in the top right corner of the list. The Health setting cannot be edited in the Projects view.
Health is communicated using a simple color scheme:
- Green – Project is within acceptable parameters
- Yellow – Project is at risk of going off the rails
- Red – Project is off the rails
- To add a filter token, simply type in a keyword in the filtering field and press enter to register it.
- “Magic tokens” begin with a ‘:’ and offer autocomplete.
- The filter will match any task that has any of the tokens in the filter bar.
- To remove a filter token, click on the ‘x’ on the right side of the filter token.
- To sort, click on the or icon to the right side of the filter field and a menu will appear allowing you to choose an attribute to sort on.
- Choosing an attribute already being sorted on will toggle the ordering from ascending to descending and vice versa.
- An icon indicates an ascending sort order, while an icon indicates a descending sort order.